1) SJBA cordially invites you and Family to this year’s 28 Buddhas Puja Ceremony in SJBA is on Saturday, 3 February 2018, commencing from 7pm to 10pm. Devotees have the opportunity to make offering to the past 28 Buddhas (including our present Gautama Buddha). The ceremony invokes one’s affinity with the infinite virtues of the Buddha which is great blessing. One may also partake in supporting the event by being a Main Sponsor (RM1,000), Sponsor (RM300) or contributor of any amount. Please contact Sis. Lily (tel: 0356348181, 56315299). Looking forward to your presence to partake in this auspicious ceremony this Saturday, 7pm to 10pm.
2) SJBA is organising a public interest talk on “ABC of Panic Disorder – Understanding and Coping with Panic Attacks” on 4 February 2018, Sunday, 2pm to 5pm, in SJBA Meditation Hall. The Speaker, Dr. Phang Cheng Kar is a consultant psychiatrist and mindfulness-based therapist at Sunway Medical Centre. He is the developer of MINDFULGym stress reduction and wellness program. He is the President of the Malaysia Association for Mindfulness Practice & Research and KL Buddhist Mental Health Association.
3) SJBA Youth Section members will be making house calls to bring New Year greetings and songs, Buddhist hymns and good wishes to the hosts and family on 24 February 2018. Those who wish to invite them to your homes on 24 February 2018, may book through Sis. Lily at Tel. 03-56348181.
4) SJBA is organising a Vipassana Meditation Retreat in April, 2018 as follows:
Venue: Chin Swee Temple, Genting
Teacher: SJBA Abbot, Venerable Nyanaramsi.
Date: This Retreat comprises of 2 group concurrently from 14 to 18 Apr (5 days) and 14 to 22 Apr (9 days).
Ven. Nyanaramsi is a highly respected meditation teacher who provides meticulous guidance and advice to all practitioners. This is thus a rare blessing to be guided by such a wise, experienced and patient teacher.
If you wish to join as meditators and/ or to sponsor for the Retreat expenses, please contact our office, Sis Lily at 03-56315299
5) All devotees are welcome to our Monday Metta Meditation session at SJBA Meditation Hall from 8.30pm to 9.45pm. This cultivation of metta focus on loving kindness to oneself, loved ones and all other beings. On every 1st Monday, our Resident Monk will be guiding the meditators especially the newcomers.
6) All devotees are welcome to have self-practice in Vipassana Meditation on Thursdays from 8.30pm to 9.45pm at our Meditation Hall.
7) There will be Day Retreat in SJBA during New Moon and Full Moon Days from 9am to 5pm. The Retreat is free and easy and participants can feel free to join in or leave any time. Vegetarian lunch will be provided.
8) SJBA invite you for a spiritual and mentally enriching morning at this Sunday’s Buddha Puja. The Puja will start at 9.15am with offerings of lights, flowers, incense to the Buddha, Chanting, Dhamma Talk by Venerable Indarathana, Guided Meditation, Blessings and Sharing of Merits.