1) SJBA will organize another “Introduction to Buddhism Course” from 21 Feb to 11 Apr 2014 (every Friday), 8.30pm – 10.00pm at SJBA Shrine Hall, conducted by Uncle Vijaya, Bro Charlie Chia and Dr. Chan Kah Yein. All are welcome. For further information, please call Sis Lily at 03-56348181.
2) In view of SJBA Shrine Hall being used by the Satipatthana Sutta Study with Meditation Workshop conducted by Ven Aggacitta Maha Thera, the Sunday Puja Session (in both English and Mandarin) on 9th and 16th March 2014 will be off and will resume on 30th March 2014, after the Qing Ming Pattipadana on 23rd March 2014.
3) In conjunction with Qing Ming, SJBA is organising a Pattidana on 23rd March 2014 to dedicate merits to the departed ones. Pattidana is for the benefit of those departed relatives and friends who may have been reborn in certain unfortunate state of existence. When they are aware that their relatives or friends have performed some meritorious deeds dedicated to them, they can be relieved of their suffering. When they rejoice repeatedly, their unhappy birth will be transformed to a happy one. It is the duty of relatives to perform these acts of merits for the departed ones. The Pattidana will start with the offering of flowers and lights at 8am, Metta Recitation, Buddha Puja, Dhamma Talk by Bhante Nyanaramsi, Dedication of Merits to Departed Ones.
4) This Sunday’s (23/2/14) Dhamma Talk in Mandarin (at 11.30am) is on “The Eight Dhammas” by Sis Lim Chye Hong. Sis Lim Chye Hong is a member of the SJBA Dhamma Committee. She helps regularly in meditation retreats. She has been a Secondary School teacher for over 20 years.
5) This morning’s (23/2/14) Dhamma Talk in English (at 10.00am) is on “The Universal Sine Curve” by Bro Charlie Chia. Bro. Charlie Chia is a much sought after Dhamma who focuses on practical Buddhist daily living, mind development, main Buddhist doctrines and motivational & positive thinking. He has conducted many Buddhist Courses, training camps and retreats. He is credited with the formation of many Buddhist organisations such as Buddhist Missionary Society Youth Section, Kota Tinggi Buddhist Society, Metta Lodge Johor Bahru and Kuantan Buddhist Association. He was a former President of Bandar Utama Buddhist Society , University of Technology Malaysia Buddhist Society, Buddhist Missionary Society Youth Section, Kuantan Buddhist Association and former Honorary Secretary of Buddhist Missionary Society Malaysia.
May You Be Well & Happy, Always!
Happily we serve,
20th February 2014
“SJBA – Your Friendly and Caring Dhamma Centre”