1) Due to the building extension and renovation works in SJBA Vihara, this year’s Annual Vipassana Meditation Retreat will be held at Sri Lanka Buddhist Temple, Sentul from 29 December 2016 to 7 January 2017. The Retreat will be conducted by Sayadaw U Pyinnyarnanda from Chanmyay Yeiktha Meditation Centre, assisted by our Abbot, Ven. Nyanaramsi. If you wish to join in the Retreat as yogi or wish to be a helper or sponsor food for the monks and yogis and other expenses during the Retreat, please contact Sis Lily at 03-56348181.
2) SJBA is organising a 28 Buddhas Puja Ceremony on 7 January 2017, 7pm to 10pm, which will give everyone the opportunity to make individual offerings to all 28 past Buddha who appeared before (and include) the present Buddha, Gautama Buddha. This great ceremony invokes one’s affinity with the infinite virtues of Buddha’s by reciting and recollecting the 28 Buddha’s names and virtues. This brings great blessings for the people who partake in the Ceremony. Recollection of the Buddha’s virtues help purify one’s mind and may even lead one to the attainment of enlightenment.
Traditionally this 28 Buddha’s Puja is performed to bring longevity, beauty, good health, happiness, prosperity, unity and harmony of family as well as success in one’s career or business and excellence in children’s education. For more information and sponsorship, please contact Sis Cindy at 03-56348181.
3) As part of our effort to upgrade the facilities of SJBA Vihara to provide better environment and support services for our members and devotees, in addition to building the new block, the following places will be renovated on the dates as follows:
Meeting Room, TCM Room, Room M1 & M2 and Sima Hall: 23/11 to 24/12/16
Meditation Hall: 28/11 to 27/12/16
Kitchen: 15/12/16 to 10/3/17
Office, Library, Airwell area: 10/1/17 to 10/3/17
Please note that TCM, Metta and Vipassana Meditation, Yoga, Longevitology sessions in the respective Hall or rooms or Airwell Area will need to be temporarily closed during the above periods.
Our Sunday Dhamma School will resume on 12/2/17.
Other activities will go on as usual, eg. Educare, SDS Metta Retreat, 28 Buddhas Puja as well as our regular Sunday Puja Service (English), New & Full Moon Chanting & Vegetarian Lunch, Breakfast & Lunch Dana for Monks and other activities using the Shrine Hall (no renovation in Shrine Hall except some cabling works, video system upgrade and relocating the sound system to the left).
4) The Wednesday’s night of Spiritual Cultivation will resume on 14 December 2016.
5) This Sunday Dhamma Talk (11/12/16, 10am) will be given by Bro. Tan Siang Chye. Bro. Siang Chye graduated from Kent Institute, UK and with a Master degree from Massey University, New Zealand. He was a former Chairman of SJBA Dhamma Committee. He is a striving meditator and has practised under several prominent meditation teachers locally and in New Zealand.