1) To-date SJBA have received donations of about RM 3.23 million for its Building Extension. The cost of construction of the extension block is RM5 million (not including interior design works). We look forward for more help to raise the balance in order for us to successfully complete the construction of the new building.
2) This year’s Annual Vipassana Meditation Retreat will be held at SJBA from 18th to 27th December 2015. The Retreat will be conducted by Venerable Sayadaw U Sobhita from Chanmyay Yeiktha Meditation Centre, assisted by Venerable Sayadaw Pyinnyarnanda and our Abbot, Ven. Nyanaramsi. If you wish to join in the retreat as yogi or wish to a helper or sponsor food for the monks and yogis, and other expenses during the Retreat, please contact our Office Administrator.
3) This year SJBA Educare Program in SJBA will be held on 6 December 2015 to provide poor students with school items to start the new school term. It is expected that about 500 to 600 needy students will receive the school items on 6 December 2015. Each student will receive a full set of school items which consists of school bags, shoes, books, stationary, etc. which costs about RM100.00. The amount may not be a lot but it is a simple yet significant gesture of ours to show our care and concern to poor students. We hope that through this simple but sincere gesture, the students are motivated to study better and achieve academic success and eventually success in life. If you wish to contribute to this Educare Program by sponsoring one more more students, please contact Sis Lily at Tel. 03-56348181.
4) SJBA is organising this New Year Eve with a 8-course Fun & Fund Raising Dinner in JBA Vihara. SJBA brings to you the best from Sekinchan, a sumptuous dinner prepared by the famous Hao Xiang Chi restaurant, Sekinchan at RM800 per table/RM80 per pax. The evening shall start with Puja at 7.00pm. During dinner there will be performances, karaoke competition with prizes and lucky draws.
Date : Thursday, 31 December 2015 (New Year Eve)
Venue : Subang Jaya Buddhist Association (SJBA)
Time : 7.00pm to Midnight
Dinner Ticket : RM800 per table for 10 persons or RM80 per pax
So please take this opportunity to have a dinner countdown with your family, relatives, friends and neighbors at SJBA. It is also a meaningful way to wind up the year with kalyanamitras who walk the path of the Dhamma together. Please hurry to get your tickets from Sis Lily at 03-56315299 as there are limited tables (30 only) available.
5) The Sunday Puja Session in Mandarin will be off until January 2016.
6) This Sunday (29 November 2015) Dhamma Talk is on “Understanding the Essence of the Buddha’s Teaching” by Bro Teoh Kian Koon. Bro. Teoh Kian Koon graduated from University of Malaya in Civil Engineering in 1979. He had been a spiritual practitioner cum ‘Meditator’ since 1971. Since his retirement in 2001 from his engineering career, he has been sharing his understanding and experiences with all who are keen in the search for true happiness, peace and liberation from birth and death and all mental suffering to become a more virtuous, noble and wiser human being. He gives talks and hold meditation and Dhamma classes at various meditation centres.